- Kevin Holland stepped up on just days’ notice after Darren Till was forced out of the main event
- Does Marvin Vettori get a title shot with a win?
- See the odds, picks, and betting preview for the full UFC Vegas 23 main card, below
The UFC is back after a week off, and they remain at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas for UFC Vegas 23, which goes down on Saturday, April 10, 2021. In the main event, Marvin Vettori is looking to extend his winning streak against short-notice replacement, Kevin Holland who is headlining back-to-back Fight Night events. The co-main event sees a pivotal featherweight scrap between Arnold Allen and Sodiq Yusuff.
UFC Vegas 23 airs live on ABC and ESPN+ at 3 PM EST. The table below shows odds for the main card at DraftKings, followed by best bets for the event.
UFC Vegas 23 Odds
|Fighter||Odds at DraftKings|
Odds as of April 5
Bonus: Bet $1 Win $100
Bonus: $1,000 Risk-Free Bet
Bonus: $600 Risk-Free Bet
Does Vettori Get His Rematch With Adesanya?
Marvin Vettori has been saying when he faces Israel Adesanya again he will get his hand raised. Of course, they fought to a split decision back in 2018. Kevin Holland, meanwhile, is looking to get some hype back after he lost a lackluster fight to Derek Brunson back on March 20th.
Vettori & Holland Recent Fights
|Jack Hermansson, win by decision||Fight 1||Derek Brunson, loss by decision|
|Karl Roberson, win by submission||Fight 2||Jacare Souza, win by KO|
|Andrew Sanchez, win by decision||Fight 3||Charlie Ontiveros, win by TKO (injury)|
|Cezar Ferreira, win by decision||Fight 4||Darren Stewart, win by split decision|
Holland is getting a big opportunity to get some fans back after many were critical of his performance against Derek Brunson as the betting favorite. He continued to be his trash-talking self despite clearly losing four rounds and being taken down at will. However, this is a better matchup for him as Vettori is someone who wants to stand and trade, but I do expect him to mix in his wrestling.
Vettori & Holland Stats
Although many fans were hoping to see Vettori vs Darren Till, which would’ve been a more meaningful fight for the division, this fight is still an interesting one. Holland could use his reach and keep Vettori at distance and pick him apart and not let the Italian get to his hips. Yet, Vettori is someone who likes coming forward and being the aggressor, he also proved he can go five hard rounds last time out.
In the fight, I do expect Holland to have some success in the first, but I do think Vettori will eventually start to land the heavier shots and use his wrestling and clinch to tire Holland out. I don’t think Holland will be able to outstrike Vettori over five rounds, and instead, I think this fight will look similar to the Brunson fight with Vettori grinding out a decision win.
Pick: Marvin Vettori (-335)
Who Takes a Big Step Towards Title Contention at 145lbs?
Arnold Allen vs Sodiq Yusuff is my favorite fight on the card, and I think has the potential to be the fight of the night.
Allen & Yusuff Recent Fights
|Nik Lentz, win by decision||Fight 1||Andre Fili, win by decision|
|Gilbert Melendez, win by decision||Fight 2||Gabriel Benitez, win by TKO|
|Jordan Rinaldi, win by decision||Fight 3||Sheymon Moraes, win by decision|
|Mads Burnell, win by submission||Fight 4||Suman Mokhtarian, win by KO|
This is perfect matchmaking between two of the top featherweight prospects in the UFC who also happen to be ranked. Both men have struggled to get well-known named opponents to accept the fight, but there is no question the winner of this fight will get a top-10 opponent next time out.
I expect this fight to remain standing, and to me, Yusuff is the better striker and hits harder. Although Allen has never been finished, Yusuff is just too accurate and powerful, and in the second round will find the chin of the Englishman and drop him and finish him via TKO.
Pick: Sodiq Yusuff (-134)
Other UFC Vegas 23 Picks:
- Kyle Daukaus (+100): Khizriev is a great grappler, but so too is Daukaus, who I believe will be able to keep it standing and outstrike the Russian for a decision.
- Julian Marquez (-177): I don’t like the drop to middleweight for Sam Alvey as his chin has been an issue. Marquez should be able to find the chin and KO him in the first or second.
- Nina Ansaroff (-110): Although Ansaroff is coming off having a baby, she gets a favorable matchup against Dern. Ansaroff will be able to keep it standing and piece up Dern for a decision win.
- Daniel Rodriguez (-190): It’s too hard to trust Mike Perry, who uses his girlfriend as his only cornerman and training partner. Rodriguez will be able to outstrike Perry for three rounds if he doesn’t get the finish.
The post UFC Vegas 23 Odds, Picks & Betting Preview – Vettori vs Holland appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.