49ers Draft Picks
49ers Draft Odds
|Position of Second Pick||Odds|
49ers Draft Needs
- QB: Jimmy Garoppolo may be a serviceable quarterback, but he isn’t the franchise signal-caller the 49ers may have hoped for. San Francisco made the move up to pick No. 3 via a trade with Miami and are poised to select a signal-caller — likely either Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Justin Fields — with that pick.
- CB/S: The 49ers’ pass defense was strong last season and ranked fourth in passing yards allowed per game (207.9). They lost two cornerbacks this offseason, however, in Ahkello Witherspoon and Richard Sherman who will need to be replaced.
- OL: San Francisco was below average in pass protection and ranked 21st in sacks allowed per game (2.4). They should invest in a lineman to protect whichever QB they select at No. 3.
- WR: With Kendrick Bourne gone, the 49ers are rather lean at the receiver position after Deebo Samuel — who missed 9 games last year — and sophomore Brandon Aiyuk.
by Chris Raybon
- QB: Garoppolo is 22-8 as the 49ers’ starter but has missed 23 starts over the past three seasons. Trading up to No. 3 overall shows the 49ers are serious about addressing this need.
- RT: Mike McGlinchey has been elite as run blocker but below-average as pass blocker throughout his career. Adding a viable replacement would give the team flexibility to move him to guard and/or decline his fifth-year option.
- CB: The 49ers lost Witherspoon, who graded out fifth-best among 136 qualified corners, and Sherman, who ranked 38th. In Jason Verrett, Emmanuel Moseley, K’Waun Williams and Dontae Johnson, the 49ers still have enough to field an above-average unit, but they need insurance. Verrett was a top-10 corner last season but it was the first time he played more than four games since 2015. Moseley was 37th in 2019 but 79th last year. Williams has been above-average every year of his career, but played a career-low eight games last year and will be 30 this year. Johnson graded out above average, but it was the time he’d done so since 2015.
Are you looking for a safe, reliable, trustworthy sportsbook? Check out our ratings of the best sportsbooks and their current sign-up offers for new customers.