Drake vs Miami Picks & Odds – Hurricanes Slim 2-Point Favorites as #5 Seed
- No. 12 Drake faces No. 5 Miami on Friday
- The Hurricanes are a 2-point favorite in the first round of the 2023 NCAA Tournament
- Find the Drake vs Miami odds, analysis, and picks below
In Midwest Region action on Friday at the 2023 NCAA Tournament, #12 Drake (27-7, 16-16-1 ATS) will go to battle against #5 Miami (25-17, 18-14 ATS) at MVP Arena in Albany, New York. the tip-off is scheduled for 7:25 PM ET. Keep reading for the Drake vs Miami odds.
The Bulldogs just won the Missouri Valley Championship last week by thrashing Bradley 77-51, their third straight win. The Hurricanes meanwhile lost in the ACC semifinals to Duke last Friday but did have the best record in the conference during the regular season at 15-5.
Drake vs Miami Odds
|Drake||+2 (-110)||+110||Ov 146.5 (-110)|
|Miami||-2 (-110)||-130||Un 146.5 (-110)|
Miami is a very slim 2-point favorite with moneyline odds of -130. They’ve covered in 56.3% of their games this season. Drake meanwhile sits at +110 and owns a 2-3 record as an ATS underdog.
Bet $5 on College Basketball & Get $200 Instantly!
Odds as of March 15th at DraftKings. Get the best March Madness betting promos.
Drake Coming in Hot
The Bulldogs might be a #12 seed in the March Madness bracket, but they cannot be taken for granted. Drake comes in with a 9-1 record in their last 10 contests and absolutely cruised through their conference tournament, beating their three opponents by an average of 13 points.
Leading the way for this group is 6 foot 7 sophomore guard Tucker DeVries, who is averaging 19 PPG, 5.8 RPG, and 1.8 APG. His backcourt mate Roman Penn is also putting up 12.6 PPG, 5.4 APG, and 4.6 RPG. These two have a ton of chemistry and will need to be at their best on Friday.
𝐌𝐕𝐏 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚 – 𝐀𝐥𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐲, 𝐍𝐘#DrakeALLIN #DSMHometownTeam pic.twitter.com/DUiaeoxDu6
— Drake Basketball (@DrakeBulldogsMB) March 16, 2023
The Bulldogs are a very experienced team that does a tremendous job of taking care of the basketball. They’re coughing up the rock just 9.8 times per game, which ranks top 20 in the nation. Drake is a fantastic three-point shooting team as well, draining 37.3% of their triples.
Miami Could Be Down Key Starter
The Hurricanes are the favorite, but there is a chance that starter Norchad Omier isn’t able to play here. He’s dealing with an ankle injury. If Omier doesn’t suffer any setbacks before tip-off, he’ll be available, though. Omier is a player who is averaging 13.6 PPG and 9.7 RPG. That’ll be tough to replace.
Miami is coming off a very impressive season under head coach Jim Larranaga, taking first place in the ACC despite the loss to the Blue Devils in the conference semifinals. It’s important to note they’ve yet to lose back-to-back games all year, which is a good sign for Friday’s matchup. The Canes went 5-5 against teams in the field of 68 but suffered defeats to the likes of Georgia Tech and Florida State.
BRB, goin to the dance
Canes ✈️ Albany
On the road with Continental. pic.twitter.com/Wlsq4qHQ1h
— Canes Men’s Basketball (@CanesHoops) March 15, 2023
Guard Isaiah Wong is the star of the show for Miami, leading the team with 16.2 points, 4.3 boards, and 3.4 dimes per night on 37% shooting from long range. He’s the king of hitting clutch shots. Jordan Miller, his co-star in the backcourt, is dropping 15.3 points per contest.
The Hurricanes are lethal in transition by forcing mistakes and using their athleticism on the fastbreak. That may be tough to do against a Drake squad that is far from sloppy, however.
Drake vs Miami Picks
I expect this to be a very entertaining matchup. But, I do think Omier’s status is going to be the difference-maker here because of his presence on the boards. He plays, Miami covers. If not, there’s value in Drake.
Pick: Miami -2 (-110)
BET $5 ON COLLEGE BASKETBALL & GET $200 INSTANTLY!
BET $10 & GET $200 INSTANTLY!
FIRST BET ON CAESARS UP TO $1,250
GET 10X YOUR BET IN BONUSES UP TO $200!
Other March Madness first-round predictions:
- Auburn vs Iowa Picks, Odds & Spread
- Northern Kentucky vs Houston Predictions & Odds
- Oral Roberts vs Duke Predictions & Odds
- Colgate vs Texas Odds, Lines & Predictions
- Boise State vs Northwestern Odds, Spread & Picks
- Louisiana vs Tennessee Odds & Picks
- UNC Asheville vs UCLA Picks & Odds
- USC vs Michigan State Odds, Spread & Picks
- UC Santa Barbara vs Baylor Odds, Lines & Predictions
- VCU vs Saint Mary’s Picks & Odds
- Pittsburgh vs Iowa State Odds & Predictions
- Kennesaw State vs Xavier Predictions & Odds
- Vermont vs Marquette Odds, Lines & Picks
- NC State vs Creighton Predictions, Odds & Spread
- Iona vs UConn Odds & Picks
- Fairleigh Dickinson vs Purdue Picks, Odds & Lines
- FAU vs Memphis Odds, Picks, and Predictions
- Providence vs Kentucky Odds, Spread & Predictions
- Montana State vs Kansas State Odds, Spread & Picks
- Gonzaga vs Grand Canyon Odds, Lines & Predictions
The post Drake vs Miami Picks & Odds – Hurricanes Slim 2-Point Favorites as #5 Seed appeared first on Sports Betting Dime.